Glenn Youngkin, Virginia’s first Republican Governor in more than a decade, wasted no time addressing his campaign pledges, signing nine executive orders and two executive directives. Within hours of being sworn in, Youngkin:
1. Banned the use of CRT and other inherently divisive concepts in schools;
2. Ended school mask mandates;
3. Terminated the entire Parole Board of the Commonwealth of Virginia (all were Democratic appointees);
4. Initiated an investigation into Loudoun County schools sexual assault coverups;
5. Established the position of Chief Transformation Officer to review all government agencies, beginning with the Department of Motor Vehicles and the Virginia Employment Commission;
6. Declared Virginia open for business and initiated a review of burdensome Covid regulations;
7. Established a commission prevent human trafficking and provide support to survivors;
8. Established a commission to combat antisemitism;
9. Withdrew from the Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative (RGGI);
10. Directed all Executive Branch entities to reduce job-killing regulations by at least 25 percent;
11. Rescinded the vaccine mandate for all state employees.
Meanwhile, Attorney General Jason Miyares, who was also just sworn in, has terminated 30 staff members and
2 of the 12* attorneys from the Civil Rights Division of the AG’s Office (alleged Soros backed lawyers).
“The MSM are calling it ‘insane’ and ‘mean,’” writes @Maximus_4EVR adding:
“AG Miyares also warned all county prosecutors he will be pursuing charges for crimes they refuse to [prosecute] themselves. This is a warning to local VA DAs not to do what NY’s DA is doing.
Shades of a post ‘Election 2022’ world?”
*Updated on 12/16/22 to reflect Victoria LaCivita’s correction
Learn more🔦🧵 VA Thread